Gas Gas has completely reinvented its enduro, a bike with a new central backbone frame, revised geometry, new engine and an endless list of new components. Built with a huge commitment to the quality of all the parts when taken together as a whole. The Gas Gas EC/XC, an enduro bike born to internationally relaunches the brand in the most mechanically demanding speciality.
Classical mythology recounts that after being consumed by fire, the Phoenix was reborn from its own ashes, becoming a dazzling bird of fire with golden and red wings, a symbol of strength, endurance and resurrection… The same metaphor of renewal from which the new Gas Gas EC/XC takes its name, a model that embodies the relaunch of a brand with more than three decades of tradition in off-road and high level competition. A brand which takes the best from the past to challenge the present with the power needed to reinvent itself with a completely new enduro bike.
We are proud to present the Gas Gas EC/XC, the symbol of the renewal of the brand in enduro, uniting in one machine the concepts of maximum reliability, great specs and the highest level of confidence.Innovative from its very conception with a central backbone frame, a structural element in combination with new geometry and top quality Kayaba suspension, giving the new Gas Gas weapon lightness and sensitivity in riding. Conceived and designed for easy, quick mechanical accessibility, suitable for riders of all levels right across the broad spectrum in the world of enduro, both professional and amateur, thanks to its versatility, power and ease of riding. New geometry for a bike with a visibly lighter and narrower shape, only 105 kg, with a greater turn angle.
A quality enduro where the sum of its components, trusting only the very best brands, achieves excellence as a whole, with an almost endless list of new additions. The Gas Gas EC/XC also sports a new, powerful engine: manufactured in two capacities (250/300cc), with high performance offering even more features and flexibility than its two-stroke predecessors.
Sometimes it is necessary to finish an era, to be reborn and grow stronger and wiser, in a new improved version of ourselves, just like the new Gas Gas Phoenix, a complete renovation of the brand in enduro.
· Central backbone frame, completely redesigned, less torsional stiffness and low weight
· Aluminium subframe with new profiles, lighter and more resistant
· Ø48 KYB front fork, AOS (Air/Oil Separation) system, sealed cartridge, adjustable spring rate, compression and rebound.
· KYB rear monoshock with adjustable rebound and adjustable high and low speed compression.
· Greater turn angle.
· Black suspension and handlebar clamps.
· Fully redesigned aluminium alloy swingarm, optimized and lightened.
· Optimised link with wishbone and rocker system, new progressive rear suspension.
· Completely redesigned chain guide system and rollers .
· Easier chain tensioner adjustment.
· Rear axle designed for faster removal.
· EXCEL rims with silver galvanized spokes.
· NG brake discs.
· Narrower petrol tank with a large fuel capacity.
· Larger airs filter housing volume.
· Rapid filter removal system through the side cover.
· Inlet system (filter, spider assembly, canister and nozzle).
· Narrower seat with lateral mounting covered with a larger foam base to improve comfort.
· Lighter footpegs with more grip and greater surface area.
· Rear brake and slave cylinder system.
· MAGURA clutch cylinder.
· Redesign of the whole body of the motorcycle, narrower, more aggressive and more comfortable.
· Radiator grilles
· Fork protectors
· Frame protectors
· Electrical installation and distribution of its components (battery, CDI, starter relay, regulator and coil)
· Rear light.
· LED headlight *
NEW MOTOR COMPONENTS:
· Motor Gas Gas EC, new thermodynamic and higher performance
· Cylinder with new distribution
· Cylinder head with new strut
· FMF Powercore 2.1 exhaust silencer designed exclusively for Gas Gas
· Improved clutch lubrication system
Available March 2017!